The Galcon GSI is quite possibly the smartest irrigation controller on the market. As well as having a huge choice of programming options, the GSI is web based! So you can now completely optimize your landscape watering schedule from your PC using cloud technology.
The controller comes with the features you'd expect from an irrigation controller plus a few extras:
- AC & DC Options
- Master valve
- Pulse water meter connection with leak detection
- Rain sensor input terminal
- Optional fertilizer injection control (meter not supplied)
- Flow sensing capabilities enabling both high and low flow reaction (view our Brass Water Meters for compatible options)
- DC Option has advanced battery saving technology allowing it to be “offline” while continually managing field based irrigation activities
But it's the benefits that come with the web based features that separate this controller apart from the rest:
- Secure online irrigation management – anywhere, anytime (requires switched circuit data sim only)
- Friendly online user interface is easy to learn and simple to operate
- Email alarm warnings
- Log reporting
- Cloud based application allows access from any computer with internet access
- No software to download or dedicated computer required
- Over the air (OTE) firmware upgrades automatically
- Subscription free online access – no annual or monthly fees
- Requires SIM card to be supplied and installed (speak to your representative for further details)
- Operate the system manually with the Free iOS or Android App.
- Daily, Weekly or Cyclic Scheduling up to 999 days
- 8 irrigation programs (up to 4 on at the same time)
- 4 start times per program
- Interval watering - start and stop time - ideal for loop watering, up to 99 cycles, up to 99 intervals
- Station run times 1 minute to 24 hours
- Selectable non watering window by calendar date
- Seasonal settings with budgeting
- Irrigate by Time, Area or Volumetric settings
|Galcon GSI 12 Station Web Controller (DC Powered)||Galcon GSI 12 Station Web Controller||Galcon GSI 24 Station Web Controller|
|Type||Web Based Controller||Web Based Controller||Web Based Controller|
|Power Supply||D||240v AC||240v AC|
|Power Output||12v DC||24v AC||24v AC|
|No. of Programs||8||8||8|
|No. of Start Times||4||4||4|
|No. of Zones||12||12||24|
|Max. Run Time||24 Hours||24 Hours||24 Hours|
|Wireless Range||GSM Network||GSM Network||GSM Network|
Are there any safety standards my irrigation system must meet?
The main safety concern is regarding the water supply. To avoid contamination of the mains water upstream, in most municipalities, a Dual Check Valve is required at the water connection.
Can I get away with placing my indoor controller outside?
In rare applications, like on a wall under a well covered patio where the space is 100% dry all the time & not exposed to the sun, an indoor controller will continue to operate without issue. But if you’re not sure, we recommend installing an outdoor model. If something does go wrong with your controller due to water damage or the LCD screen failing from sun exposure, the warranty is voided so it’s not worth the risk.
Can I run an irrigation system off a regular garden tap?
A garden tap is an excellent place to connect your irrigation system. Ideally, install a connection point behind the tap (turn the water off first) so you can still use your tap to fill a bucket when you need to.
Can I run my system manually from the controller?
Yes, irrigation controllers typically have a manual function, this will allow you to both operate all zones, or each one individually as you please.
Do I need a plumber to install or fix my system?
No, unless you’re tapping into your water supply, a plumber isn’t required. Most domestic irrigation systems can be installed by anyone half handy.
Do I need a rain sensor?
In some states a rain sensor is mandatory, but regardless it’s something you should include in your irrigation system. Having your system turn on in the middle of a day of rain is not only embarrassing, it’s a terrible waste of water & the overwatering is bad for your garden!
I want to design & install an irrigation system. Where do I start?
Well you’re in the right place! We’ve got it all here. The first step, is drawing out a plan of your garden, to scale of course. If you need help on how to do that, you can get started right here!
Why should I buy from an Australian website?
We get any number of calls from people across the country who've bought from overseas & have problems. From electrical output problems to thread compatibility problems & other problems that we aren't able to help with!
By buying from SunshowerOnline, right here in Australia, you can be sure that your warranty issues are covered, that compatibility & compliance isn't an issue & that you'll be able to get helpful after service advice.
Will an irrigation controller operate all zones at once, or one at a time?
Domestic irrigation controllers will always operate zones one at a time. Even if you try to operate 2 to come on at the same time, the controller will automatically delay the operation of the second zone until after the first zone has finished running.