The industry’s most flexible irrigation controller solution that supports flow monitoring, LNK WiFi, and up to 22 stations. With 4 to 22 stations, the ESP-ME3 provides the station count options customers need. Install the same controller on residential and light commercial sites. Add station modules when expanding irrigation without removing or even powering down the controller.
WaterSense Upgrade the ESP-ME3 to a SMART controller with EPA WaterSense certification by adding the LNK WiFi module and a WR2 rain sensor. The LNK makes programming and monitoring easy through the enhanced Rain Bird app.
For even greater water monitoring and protection from a broken irrigation system install a flow sensor.
- WiFi Connectivity: By simply plugging in a Rain Bird LNK WiFi Module (sold separately), users can access, operate and monitor their irrigation system from anywhere. Internet-based weather information is used to make daily adjustments to the irrigation schedule, saving up to 30% in water.
- Flow Monitoring: Compatible with multiple sizes and makes of wired flow sensors for flow monitoring and notifications to save water and protect against property damage.
- Flexible Installation. Configurable to 22 stations with additional 3 or 6 station modules for different sized jobs or future irrigation needs. Comes with power plug (120v and Australian models only) and outdoor cabinet for indoor or outdoor installation.
- Simplified Dial Programming.Large text and symbols make the color-coded dial positions easy to understand and explain.
- Easy to Read Screen. Large 3” (7.6cm) back-lit screen is clear to read in dark garages or sheds.
- Bypass the rain sensor for stations under an eave or deck or in a greenhouse for consistent watering.
- Save water by changing the seasonal adjust from 5% to 200% for corrected run times without changing the scheduled times.
- Alarm Notifications. Be alerted of system issues including electrical, programming, or high flow (when using a flow sensor) through a red LED and scrolling messages coupled with mobile device alerts when used with the LNK WiFi Module and the Rain Bird app.
- One-Touch Watering.With the dial in the AUTO position, just press and hold the right arrow button to start manually watering the current program.
- Contractor Default™. Simply save a default program and if the original watering schedule is overwritten in error, easily restore it in just two steps.
|Rainbird ESP-ME3 4 Zone Outdoor Controller|
|Power Supply||240v AC|
|Power Output||24v AC|
|No. of Programs||4|
|No. of Start Times||6|
|No. of Zones||4|
|No. of Zones (With Modules)||22|
|Max. Run Time||6 Hours|
Are there any safety standards my irrigation system must meet?
The main safety concern is regarding the water supply. To avoid contamination of the mains water upstream, in most municipalities, a Dual Check Valve is required at the water connection.
Can I get away with placing my indoor controller outside?
In rare applications, like on a wall under a well covered patio where the space is 100% dry all the time & not exposed to the sun, an indoor controller will continue to operate without issue. But if you’re not sure, we recommend installing an outdoor model. If something does go wrong with your controller due to water damage or the LCD screen failing from sun exposure, the warranty is voided so it’s not worth the risk.
Can I run an irrigation system off a regular garden tap?
A garden tap is an excellent place to connect your irrigation system. Ideally, install a connection point behind the tap (turn the water off first) so you can still use your tap to fill a bucket when you need to.
Can I run my system manually from the controller?
Yes, irrigation controllers typically have a manual function, this will allow you to both operate all zones, or each one individually as you please.
Do I need a plumber to install or fix my system?
No, unless you’re tapping into your water supply, a plumber isn’t required. Most domestic irrigation systems can be installed by anyone half handy.
Do I need a rain sensor?
In some states a rain sensor is mandatory, but regardless it’s something you should include in your irrigation system. Having your system turn on in the middle of a day of rain is not only embarrassing, it’s a terrible waste of water & the overwatering is bad for your garden!
I want to design & install an irrigation system. Where do I start?
Well you’re in the right place! We’ve got it all here. The first step, is drawing out a plan of your garden, to scale of course. We’ve got Grid Paper in our Product Guides & all the advice you’ll need in there too!
Why should I buy from an Australian website?
We get any number of calls from people across the country who've bought from overseas & have problems. From electrical output problems to thread compatibility problems & other problems that we aren't able to help with!
By buying from SunshowerOnline, right here in Australia, you can be sure that your warranty issues are covered, that compatibility & compliance isn't an issue & that you'll be able to get helpful after service advice.
Will an irrigation controller operate all zones at once, or one at a time?
Domestic irrigation controllers will always operate zones one at a time. Even if you try to operate 2 to come on at the same time, the controller will automatically delay the operation of the second zone until after the first zone has finished running.