The Orbit B-Hyve Wi-Fi sprinkler timer allows you to water smarter and make watering decisions based on the ecological needs of your garden. Adding to their legacy of top-of-line controllers, Orbit is pleased to announce the addition of their most intuitive, feature-rich timer to date. The Orbit B-Hyve Wi-Fi sprinkler timer combines the easiest to program timers on the market with the remote capabilities of Wi-Fi. Users can control the timer with their Android or iOS app, from their computer or at the timer with the familiar, intuitive interface that millions of customers have come to know. A perfect timer for new installations or for replacement applications, the B-Hyve Wi-Fi controller is available in 6 and 12 stations to cover most residential sprinkler systems. It also can be set up to adjust watering based on local weather to avoid water wastage and deliver the right amount of water to your plants.
- 3 programs
- 4 start times per program
- 1-240 minute run time per station
- Selective days to water, odd/even or interval (32 days)
- Seasonal adjustment 10% - 200% per program
- Rain delay 1 – 32 days
- Smart watering restrictions based on odd/even/selective days but also time periods
- Wi-Fi- Fully functional Android, iOS or web app for total control, wherever you need it
- Programmable with the app or at the timer with the easy-to-use rotary push-button dial
- WeatherSenseTM technology that provides smart watering based on site conditions such as slope, soil type, sun/shade, historical ET and live weather feeds
- Functions with or without Wi-Fi connectivity
- Indoor/outdoor lockable cabinet
- Built in fault detection, surge protection
- Swing panel for easy access to the angled wiring terminals, which allow for convenient wiring
- Knock-outs for 13 mm, 20 mm, and 25 mm conduit for cable wiring
- Integrated catch-cup application for up to 50% water savings over traditional controllers
- Watering History reports
- Smart-Watering capabilities to conserve water,
- Global Smart Watering Setting, to act as a rain delay based on forecast with standard controller station programming.
- Smart Watering Setting by station (Basic and Advanced levels) allowing the irrigation to be set directly to suit the environment and plant type.
|Orbit B-Hyve 6 Zone Smart Wi-Fi Outdoor Irrigation Controller||Orbit B-Hyve 12 Zone Smart Wi-Fi Outdoor Irrigation Controller|
|Type||Web Based Controller||Web Based Controller|
|Power Supply||240v AC||240v AC|
|Power Output||24v AC||24v AC|
|No. of Programs||3||3|
|No. of Start Times||4||4|
|No. of Zones||6||12|
|Max. Run Time||4 Hours||4 Hours|
Are there any safety standards my irrigation system must meet?
The main safety concern is regarding the water supply. To avoid contamination of the mains water upstream, in most municipalities, a Dual Check Valve is required at the water connection.
Can I get away with placing my indoor controller outside?
In rare applications, like on a wall under a well covered patio where the space is 100% dry all the time & not exposed to the sun, an indoor controller will continue to operate without issue. But if you’re not sure, we recommend installing an outdoor model. If something does go wrong with your controller due to water damage or the LCD screen failing from sun exposure, the warranty is voided so it’s not worth the risk.
Can I run an irrigation system off a regular garden tap?
A garden tap is an excellent place to connect your irrigation system. Ideally, install a connection point behind the tap (turn the water off first) so you can still use your tap to fill a bucket when you need to.
Can I run my system manually from the controller?
Yes, irrigation controllers typically have a manual function, this will allow you to both operate all zones, or each one individually as you please.
Do I need a plumber to install or fix my system?
No, unless you’re tapping into your water supply, a plumber isn’t required. Most domestic irrigation systems can be installed by anyone half handy.
Do I need a rain sensor?
In some states a rain sensor is mandatory, but regardless it’s something you should include in your irrigation system. Having your system turn on in the middle of a day of rain is not only embarrassing, it’s a terrible waste of water & the overwatering is bad for your garden!
I want to design & install an irrigation system. Where do I start?
Well you’re in the right place! We’ve got it all here. The first step, is drawing out a plan of your garden, to scale of course. If you need help on how to do that, you can get started right here!
Why should I buy from an Australian website?
We get any number of calls from people across the country who've bought from overseas & have problems. From electrical output problems to thread compatibility problems & other problems that we aren't able to help with!
By buying from SunshowerOnline, right here in Australia, you can be sure that your warranty issues are covered, that compatibility & compliance isn't an issue & that you'll be able to get helpful after service advice.
Will an irrigation controller operate all zones at once, or one at a time?
Domestic irrigation controllers will always operate zones one at a time. Even if you try to operate 2 to come on at the same time, the controller will automatically delay the operation of the second zone until after the first zone has finished running.